15.3.13

LBC #25: Three lolita beverages and outfits to match!

It's been a while since I participated in my last Lolita Blog Carnival! This time a topic came up that I just couldn't resist doing and made me immediately think of Sakizo's beautiful illustrations of personified food and drinks.

One of my favourites! "Milk."

Here are the beverages I picked and the outfits to match! I hope you enjoy~ I tried to use dresses that I have owned/tried on at some point.

Chocolate & Matcha Frappé. After I thought about doing iced matcha tea, I remembered that Sakizo had drawn a beautiful illustration for a matcha latté, so I decided to do a little twist and do the chocolate and matcha frappé. It's something I order when I feel like indulging myself from coffee shops that offer matcha tea (and thankfully that is becoming more common, rejoice!) and it is probably one of my favourite flavours in general.


I used Mary Magdalene's St. Claire one-piece in olive as the central point, and tried to go for a warm, kind of scholarly, look. The boots are from Victorian Maiden, and the hair piece is from this Etsy store! The photo of the frappé came from this lovely Flickr.

Lavender Lemonade. I love this delicious recipe for lavender lemonade, and knew immediately I just had to add this to my list of "lolita beverages." Aside from the lovely colour, it has a great aroma and taste too! Adding herbs to traditional beverages is such a great idea.


The jumperskirt and bolero are from Angelic Pretty, shoes from DreamV, and the tights are from this store. I purchased them using that same listing two years back and I recommend the store from my experience! The beautiful flower crown (what is pictured is actually the back of it!!) is from this Etsy store.

Spiced Mulled Wine (Game of Thrones Style). Probably my newest obsession, I recently brewed up a batch of mulled wine (slightly modified from the official "modern-day" recipe provided in the A Feast of Ice and Fire, the official Game of Thrones cookbook) during the last cold snap, and the spicy flavour and warming sensation was perfect for cold weather. I highly recommend it to everyone! It's not very alcoholic at all--and it has a strong taste besides so normally I only drink about half a cup at a time--maybe even less--but still, drink responsibly!


Because it's a staple for cold weather, I used another long-sleeved one piece by Victorian Maiden (I own an Olive & Ting replica of this, it's beautiful!), and coordinated it with deep golds and browns to mimic the cinnamon that is so prevalent in the recipe. I also wanted to add hints of orange representative of the oranges that sit in the brew! The fascinator is from this Etsy store, the beautiful crochet scarf is from here, and the flower pin is from here.

Hope you all enjoyed this topic, check out what the other creative bloggers did this week!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing! They're so well put together and the colours are very beautiful and not what you see every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it. =D I really wanted to pick colours I don't wear often enough, and this was a real exercise to get me to love what I do have in my wardrobe so much more!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your lavender lemon coord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! =D I am definitely planning on wearing a coordinate similar to this in the near future.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!